You may be thinking that it is too early to think about your HVAC system, but there are a few things you should know. The most important thing is to make sure that your system is running efficiently and it will save you money in the long run. Here are some easy tips from ac repair Orlando for ensuring your home stays at a comfortable temperature all year round!
Change your air filters regularly
A dirty filter can cause your ac to work much harder than it needs to. This will make you spend more money on utilities, and may keep the system from working properly in extreme temperatures.
Keep all vents and registers clean
A clogged vent or duct can cause your ac to overheat and result in costly repairs.
When changing air filters, make sure that you change the filter behind any registers as well. You should also take a look at all of your vents to ensure they are not covered up by furniture or other objects.
If there is an area where it is hotter than others, open some windows for ventilation so hot air doesn’t fill the entire house. This will keep cooler areas cool while circulating warm air out of every room!
Clean the coils on your HVAC unit every 3-6 months
If the ac unit is still blowing cool air but not producing freon, then it may need a new charge.
The ac system should last between seven and fifteen years before needing replacement depending on how often they get used. Check with your ac pro to see if now’s the time!
Hoses themselves tend to only last six months or so before requiring replacement; make sure that when you go in for maintenance this year there are no hiccups like these waiting around!”
Make sure all of your HVAC equipment is clean and in good working order – especially during warmer weather seasons so you don’t have issues trying to fix things later down the line.
Check for any signs of mold or mildew in areas where moisture is present
As a homeowner, it is your responsibility to keep up with ac and heating maintenance. By following these five simple tips, you can save yourself time (and money) in the future!
- Have an ac pro inspect your ac system before summer arrives – if it needs repairs now then there’s no need for them to pile up during the heat of the season
- Check all connections and hoses regularly; they’re likely going to break down after six months or so – try not to let this happen!
- Clean out any dust that may have accumulated inside ductwork vents over time; this will help you avoid having issues later down the line when cleaning becomes more difficult due to buildup. Afterward, it will be much easier to get rid of any pests that may have taken up residence.
- Consider installing a programmable thermostat; this is an easy way to help save on energy costs and might even increase your ac system’s lifespan by protecting it from sudden temperature changes over time
- Don’t forget about the coils! If they’re covered in dirt, then you’ll need to power wash them thoroughly before attempting repairs; if you don’t want any unwanted guests lurking around after work has been completed, consider using a fogger or other pest control product beforehand for extra protection against bugs.
- Keep the hoses clean with a little everyday maintenance – but also make sure that none are kinked at all times because this can lead to ac system failure
- Keep your ac tuned up and in good working order with regular maintenance checks so that it will last a long time.
- Finally, if you need ac repair Orlando then call the experts at DCAC Air and Heat! They’ve been providing fast, reliable service since 2000.
If you have any questions about HVAC Maintenance Tips or are looking for ac repair Orlando services, please contact us here at www.DCACairandheat.com. We’re happy to help!